Seven Reasons to Visit
There's just something about being part of a GREAT group!!!
There are many excellent churches in our area. Finding the one that fits your comfort zone will take time and effort but will provide a bounty of blessings once you locate it. Finding a church home might change your life! We would like to suggest seven reasons you should visit NHC!
1) NHC will be a fresh start. Many of us wish we had the opportunity to make a fresh start - to discover a place where we are accepted and can develop and grow. Perhaps you went to church in the past and have gotten out of the habit. If it’s time for you to jump back in, New Hanover Church is ready to assist you in that fresh start. You will find people like yourself who are discovering and growing.
2) NHC will be warm. We love each other and we will love you too! We believe the church should be a place of haven, peace, and harmony.
3) NHC will have conviction. We hold certain truths to be non-negotiable - truths that have been held precious by genuine Christians through the ages. We are unashamed to declare our fidelity to the Word of God. At the same time we understand the impossibility of unanimity on all points of peripheral doctrine. In these gray areas we maintain that we do not have to be twins to be brothers and invite all to visit with us.
4) NHC will be contemporary. Our church was designed to meet the needs of the twenty first century. We have planned an atmosphere in which you will feel free to invite friends. One word people will use to describe our services will be "casual" - enough structure to insure order but coupled with a freedom that most folks will really enjoy.
5) NHC will value commitment. We will be committed to several things - distinctives - about which we feel strongly. We are dedicated to verse-by-verse exposition of the Scripture in our meetings. We will be committed to world evangelization. Missions will occupy one of our highest priorities. We will emphasize fellowship. We’ll take every opportunity to spend time together. Our people are friendly and eager to get to know you -- many of us are your neighbors.
6) NHC will be people oriented. We want to serve. The church is not an organizational hierarchy. It is not a building or place. The church is people! Some words that describe our people: Friendly, Warm, Open, Accessible, Loving. It is our desire to raise up a congregation whose young people honor the Lord and their parents. Years from now, infants and toddlers cared for in our nursery will probably not remember what they were taught there. They will remember, however, if it was a positive experience. They will remember if they liked it. Our nursery and youth leaders have it as their highest priority to make sure they do! Our youth ministries may be exactly the spiritual start to which your children will respond.
7) NHC is dynamic. We're alive, excited, and ready for you! We believe that you will be blessed by our music, instructed in the Word, and loved into our fellowship. Come and experience the freshness and vitality of our wonderful new church.